Fireproof Glass without a Thermal Barrierclass E
- Form Mainly composed of a single sheet
- Purpose To prevent the spread of flames for some period of time
- Performance Criteria During a fireproof test, there must be no flame occurrence or flame penetration on the collapsed or heated surface of the test specimen
Fireproof Glass with a Thermal Barrierclass EI
- Form A form obtained by inserting a resin layer between two or more sheets of glass and laminating them
- Purpose It is very effective during safe evacuation and firefighting because it blocks heat transfer due to radiation and conduction in addition to preventing flames from spreading in case of a fire.
- Performance Criteria In addition to the fireproof performance required by the fireproof glass without a thermal barrier, there must not be any temperature increase above a certain standard on the non-heated surface.